Red Hat is pleased to announce the Beta availability of Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1.
Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 beta delivers the following capabilities:
- Users can compile on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and test on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Beta. In addition, the Red Hat Developer Toolset retains functionality allowing users to compile on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and deploy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
- Git 1.8.4. Git 1.8.4 provides developers using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with a new release of the powerful distributed version control system designed to handle projects of any size with speed and efficiency.
- General updates, inclusive of minor bug fixes and feature enhancements, to the following packages: GCC 4.8.2, Eclipse 4.3.1, Dyninst 8.1.1, and elfutils 0.157.
In addition to these enhancements, Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 beta also continues to deliver software collections functionality, which enables the concurrent installation of multiple versions of the same software components on a system.
RED HAT DEVELOPER TOOLSET 2.1 BETA AVAILABILITY
Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 beta is available now to customers with an active Red Hat Enterprise Linux developer-related subscription. This includes:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Suite
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Support Subscriptions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Workstation
- Most Red Hat Enterprise Linux Academic Subscriptions
- Free Not-for-Resale (NFR) subscriptions for qualifying Red Hat partners
To learn more about Red Hat developer offerings, visit the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Program page.
PARTICIPATING IN THE RED HAT DEVELOPER TOOLSET 2.1 BETA
To access additional documentation for Red Hat Developer Toolset, visit:
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 Beta documentation:
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 Beta Release notes: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Developer_Toolset/2-Beta/html/2.1_Release_Notes/
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.1 Beta User Guide:
- Red Hat Software Collections Guide:
- Other Red Hat Enterprise Linux documentation: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/
ARE YOU NEW TO DEVELOPER TOOLSET? SEE THESE REFERENCES:
Red Hat Software Collections or Red Hat Developer Toolset are part of most Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions and all RHEL Developer Subscriptions. They can be found in the Software Collections channel. For more information about Red Hat Software Collections or Red Hat Developer Toolset, visit https://access.redhat.com/products/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/Developer/.
Be sure to join developers.redhat.com which lets you get Red Hat software for your software development. Both the program and software are free!