A few months ago, I invited you to tell us: 1) which Red Hat Software Collections are you using, 2) which do you plan to use, and 3) what new components would you like added to Red Hat Software Collections? Here are the results:
“What are you using today?” The vote:
1. A first place tie between Python (slightly more for 2.7 than 3.3) and PostgreSQL
3. A tie for third: Ruby and PHP
5. the others were a distant 5th
“What are you intending to use?” The vote:
- Results: pretty much the same as above except (and this is not a spoiler alert) most of you are moving to Python 3.3
- Plus MariaDB is becoming popular too.
“What do you want to see added?” Here are your top 10 responses in priority order (based on the number of votes):
- Ruby 2.x
- Apache httpd 2.4
- PHP 5.5
- PostgreSQL 9.3
Does this list map to your priorities? It’s never too late to vote for a future release, so I encourage you to do so here.
Red Hat Software Collections or Red Hat Developer Toolset are part of most Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions and all RHEL Developer Subscriptions. They can be found in the Software Collections channel. For more information about Red Hat Software Collections or Red Hat Developer Toolset, visit https://access.redhat.com/products/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/Developer/.
Be sure to join developers.redhat.com which lets you get Red Hat software for your software development. Both the program and software are free!